Job descriptionTHE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and forward-thinking Director of Retail to join our special team. As Director of Retail you will own and manage our current wholesale accounts and the expansion of our retail business.
This role is instrumental to delivering our total revenue and EBITDA goals as we strongly believe retail is a critical path.
This role is equal parts operational mastery, sales leadership and supreme customer account service.
You will focus on managing our most important key partners, landing new accounts, and continuing to scale the business over time. Tracking and analyzing the sales performance and finding creative ways of boosting it, while building a long-term wholesale strategy to maximize brand potential, while working with internal teams to manage logistics and supply chain processes related to wholesale sales.
The ideal candidate will learn to have a deep understanding of our business and be able to execute against priorities and goals. A strategic thinker with values that guide decisions and the ability to be proactive is essential.
- Proven track record of launching at brick-and-mortar retailers such as Sephora.
- Develop powerful and lasting relationships with buyers and merchants.
- Implementing and utilizing systems to scale hypergrowth and provide business reporting to the executive team, including KPIs, selling analysis, competitive analysis and product feedback.
- Manage goals and growth for an array of customers from department stores to specialty retailers to independent boutiques.
- Maintain MAP pricing across all brands with all partners, ensuring brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy.
- Provide insights into bottoms-up and top-down forecasting for all key accounts.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure adequate inventory levels and supply chain flows, based on key individual account needs, aligning with internal production calendars.
- Participates in overall sales strategy and execution for sale of products.
- Analyze consumer trends and channels to identify and maximize local market opportunities
- Creates compelling promotions within brand equity and group promotional rules to boost performance if needed.
- Monitors budget for each promotional and marketing initiatives and reports on it
- Managing field representatives.
- Builds direct marketing plans to support partners, including creation of account specific marketing calendar
- Analyze weekly sell-out reports and identify opportunities for growth.
- Adjusts the plan and finds creative ways of boosting the performance when needed
- Secures brand meetings and creates bespoke marketing pitch presentations tailored to the positioning and strategy of each retail partner.
- Leads holiday and line review initiatives with the executive team.
- Works hand-in-hand with COO to ensure seamless experience for our clients
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience managing large wholesale beauty accounts.
- Proven track record of launching indie brand at large skincare retailers
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical, organizational, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and implementation of the tools, methods and approaches that drive larger scale sales.
- Experience in results oriented, high growth environment
- Highly organized and technically proficient
- Agile and scrappy, capable of delivering results while resources scale
- Working knowledge of Key KPIs, P&L Management, wholesale Math
- Role can be located anywhere in the United States, with required travel