Job descriptionOur client is a leading beauty industry company. They are seeking a strong Director of Sales/Wholesale with current contacts that include(Sephora, Ulta, Target, TJ Maxx and similiar) for 6 of their brands that include personal care(skincare, oral care, body care). Must live in LA. This is a role opening new accounts at the same time managing current accounts.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Sales Director to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the channel strategy for our products across multiple channels. Includes managing the US Market to develop action plans and educate key internal stakeholders on appropriate channel strategies aligned with brand business objectives to drive revenue growth and brand awareness.
- Lead the sales team for the key account, specialty, online business, and field team
- Represent our portfolio of beauty and personal care brands at beauty specialty (i.g. Sephora, Ulta), key accounts, and online retailers, including Amazon
- Deliver annual volume with promotion, trade spend, and profit plan
- Ongoing analysis and review of business trends to identify gaps to plan and execution
- Implement the sales strategies per customer in coordination with the sales channel strategy
- Plan and implement the annual appraisals in coordination with the management level
- Negotiate terms and conditions and implement the results
- Make regular headquarter buyer calls, identify customer needs/priorities, and create fact-based selling presentations
- Ensure customer maintains a strategic product mix through SKU optimization - both new item sell-in and SKU reduction
- Participate in customer payment processing, including financial contracts, performance, and collection
- Ensure customer profitability
READ ALL OF THE BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in Business-to-Business sales and Specialty Beauty Retailers in the beauty industry. This includes BOTH sell in and sell through.
- Excellent interpersonal, competitive selling techniques, business acumen, and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of sales applications and principles
- Prior management development training and career development