Director Of Transporation & Customs.
We are seeking a director of transportation and customs as a key leader of our global logistics team.
You will bring to this role, leadership, experience and creativity to how we effectively move products around the world. You will create and implement strategies that improve the flow of Steve Madden's products inbound from manufacturer to our warehouse network, parcel to our customers and the last stretch to our retail stores. The ideal candidate will have experience in international and domestic transportation network creation and management. You will report to the senior vice president of the global supply chain based in our Long Island City, NY office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Steve Madden seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We excel in creating an environment where everyone can thrive.
- A leader and mentor for the transportation team, driving growth, development, and contributes to the department's long-term success
- Create and continuously or iterate on transportation strategies to improve the flow of products to Steve maddens distribution centers, customers, and retail stores
- Implement transportation strategies in collaboration with supply chain partners, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance, and operational efficiency
- Find the right balance between supplying our rapid sales growth and protecting the bottom line
- Negotiate rates and evaluate providers to ensure cost effective decisions are being made pertaining to the transportation of Steve Madden products
- Create, monitor, and maintain KPI reporting to monitor cost and services levels and identify areas of continuous improvement
- Work with key internal and external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, and sustainability
- Responsible for customs compliance for the company
- 10 years professional experience in logistics, supply chain, or transportation roles
- An exceptional written/oral communication skill with demonstrated experience in partner management and cost management
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with ERP like M3/info's and Manhattan/WMI tools is a plus but is not required
- Proven leadership and people management skills and a passion for developing talent