Well known skincare company is seeking an experienced ecommerce professional who can step in to cover the current Director of Ecommerce’s role while she is on maternity leave. This will be a temporary 5-month contract for a Director of Ecommerce role. This role will work closely with the executive staff and lead our Ecommerce business. They will help to continuously develop the Company's website as a key strategic channel for the business, helping to grow brand awareness as well as secure our global position in premium skincare. This person will be responsible for meeting or exceeding top line revenue and profit goals for our website, our brand’s flagship store. The focus of the role is managing the website platform (Shopify) and all key conversion funnel touchpoints (email promotions, SMS, paid search and social advertising, on-site merchandising programs, as well as other on-site retention programs such as the subscription, referral).
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual with proven experience in growing ecommerce businesses with in-depth technical ecommerce knowledge and experience as well as keen understanding of ecommerce trends and innovations in digital marketing. They are expected to be a hands-on “doer” who values strategy. They should be skilled at effectively manage internal and external teams to achieve business objectives, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented professional environment, and be excited by customer acquisition and retention activities.
• Oversee all digital marketing to drive customer acquisition and retention efforts on all paid digital channels (email, SMS, paid search, paid social, and more), ensuring these deliver online sales goals, budget targets and are on-brand
• Manage Ecommerce Manager, who is responsible for promotional calendar, email, SMS, and Disney promotions on our website.
• Communicate strategy and direction from management to her and the marketing team as needed.
• Configure special offers including bundle discounts, sales, and gifts with purchase in Shopify backend.
• Utilizing custom settings and Shopify Scripts.
• Manage paid social/search agency, optimizing approach for CPO, AOV, and conversion.
•Make all requests to internal team for creative for campaigns.
• Manage UX/UI Designer and website developers to continuously improve the website with a focus on the mobile experience as well as adding new functionality.
• Manage Sr. Graphic Designer and work closely with Creative Director on design projects for ad campaigns and the website (including landing pages, homepage assets, etc).
• Work with creative agency/software company Yieldify to drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal, and engaging consumer experience throughout their journey on the website.
• Define content marketing strategy for the website and lead in execution of digital assets to drive site traffic and on-site conversion.
• Responsible for digital marketing calendar, planning campaigns to deliver strategic plans, business objectives, and improve KPIs.
• Responsible for achieving key performance indicators ensuring the online business meets revenue goals.
• Manage all outside web development partners: manage budgets, set goals, monitor and report on performance, manage timelines and prioritization, develop and manage web development/marketing calendar and report on updates regularly to management.
• Manage Customer Service Specialist, inform her of upcoming promotions.
•Address website bugs and user experience issues by fixing on Shopify backend or communicating with developers to fix as they come up.
• Manage Affiliate Program though Everflow.
• Optimize ROAS to be 3x.
• Work with managed services team to ensure program is running smoothly and expanding with new affiliates.
Data Insight & Data Strategy:
• Provide expertise on current digital marketing and ecommerce best practices, particularly within the beauty and skincare industries, including trend analysis and competitive benchmarking; put insights into action.
• Analyze engagement and shopper data to enhance site merchandising strategy, defining best practices to deliver highest conversion rate and repeat visitors on both mobile and desktop.
• Responsible for establishing, managing and reporting on plans to improve site metrics by increasing conversion, AOV, and other KPIs.
• Use data analytics to track performance to goals and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the company
• Oversee monthly performance results in order to analyze and give recommendations. (Shopify sales data, product sales, consumer data, google analytics), working with finance team.
Qualifications and Skills
• 5+ years of digital marketing experience; 3+ focused directly in ecommerce.
• 3+ years development and managing a web development team budget.
• Previous ecommerce management experience in lifestyle, consumer package goods, fashion and/or beauty/skincare brands, preferably in a start-up and/or high growth trajectory.
• Strong awareness and understanding of key industry trends and competitors’ experiences.
• Proven track record of, driving traffic and sales growth online.
• Demonstrated success with customer acquisition and retention.
• Ability to manage a P&L or line of business with the ability to make the right decisions to drive success.
• Ability to balance the needs of driving an ecommerce business for a brand with an ecommerce presence elsewhere (if you plan to maintain other digital or brick and mortar presence).
• Familiarity and knowledge with current web technologies, site systems (Shopify+) and architecture - ability to make tactical changes/fixes to websites.
• Extensive experience measuring and improving upon on-site conversions.
• Strong SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge.
• Outstanding project management skills with an ability to complete projects through sound planning, alignment of resources, balance of managing and doing, seeking input from others, and timely execution.
• Experience managing outside agency relationships.
• Versed in managing all the moving parts of website development.
• Outstanding cross-functional collaboration and communication skills- must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
• Strong analytical skills with knowledge of site metrics and how to synthesize them.
• Detail oriented and self-motivated individual who uses quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision-making.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, scrappy, resource constrained business environments environment- must have willingness to work within a constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven acumen in business, analytics, logic, and creative problem solving