The Sponsorship & Events Planner is responsible for execution of marketing strategy which includes planning, implementing, and coordinating logistics and execution of sponsorships and events in all markets. This will encompass both external and internal events.
Minimum Requirements Competencies and Knowledge:
- Meeting planning, public relations, project management and event marketing experience
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal & external partners
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail and professionalism.
- Must be able to manage workload independently
- Strong organizational, logistical and time management skills and great client service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written communication, including the ability to conduct clear, concise and compelling presentations
- Ability to effectively convene internal teams to collaboratively execute assigned projects by drawing on the appropriate organizational resources available
- Understanding of social media in event settings
- Ability to negotiate and resolve project and team issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce, internet search).
- Proven ability to manage internal and external events on schedule and on budget
- General business acumen, including understanding of market dynamics, financial/budget management, data analysis and decision making
- Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Sponsorship & Event Planner would have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and 7 years minimum of experience in a position that required events/sponsorship coordination and management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for the logistical coordination of internal and external events, ensuring all stages of planning, development and execution are defined and achieved
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to create event collateral, ensuring the branding events support the vision
- Manages the logistics and budget of high profile marketing events such as seminars, conferences, hospitality, and even sponsorship
- Acts as a primary day to day relationship manager between the client and other business teams Interacts, coordinates and communicates with all levels of management, internal and external customers, in order to ensure effective use of systems and processes, provide event updates, and coordinate event activities
- Coordinates invitation solicitations, advanced and onsite registration and post-event follow-up of surveys
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business partners to ensure a clear understanding of client needs and efficient delivery of solutions and services.
- Oversees strategic planning, purchasing and fulfillment of promotional items in support of sales events.