Job description24 Seven is partnering with a well-known Portland establishment to help them find an Events Administrative Assistant to join their team! This is a part-time opportunity, onsite Weds-Fri 9am to 5pm. However, fulltime hours are possible for the right fit, as there are other opportunities within the organization which would also make you eligible for their top-notch benefits.
Ideal Candidate: will have administrative, event and customer service experience as well as a Bachelor’s degree in event planning, hospitality, marketing or a related field, or the equivalent in education, training, and experience.
- Prepare agendas, Banquet Event Order (BEO) packets, and other necessary correspondence.
- Answer phones and intakes and delegates to the appropriate staff member Internal Event Request Form (IERF) for staff and member events.
- Ensures that reservations, email confirmations, and event inquiries are processed accurately and promptly for events as needed.
- Organize, maintain, and purchase office supplies and event supplies.
- Monitor expenditures and revenues for all events as assigned by events managers. Provide reports to managers and coordinators as requested.
- Facilitates pre-event marketing promotions, including magazine and Web site articles, posters, flyers, invitations, group e-mailings, and mass mailings at the directions of the events team.
- Assist with pre-event décor set up, day of assistance including check-in, and décor tear down as determined by coordinator needs.
- Provides event and sales support to the team and works on special projects as assigned by the Events Managers.
- Works cooperatively with others in the department to maintain a friendly, customer-oriented work team.
- Complies will Club safety policies and procedures demonstrating safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe work conditions. Reports on all workplace injuries and illnesses to the supervisor.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in event planning, hospitality, marketing or a related field, or the equivalent in education, training, and experience.
- Customer service experience is required
- This requires the physical ability to bend, twist, lift up to 5 pounds regularly & climb stairs
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills including the ability to work effectively with parents and juniors.
- Physical ability to operate a telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, and 10-key, to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members and staff.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- The ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – professional, tactful, discreet, personable, and service-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as required