Our client is looking for an Events Manager to join their team!
EVENTS SALES AND PLANNING (80%)
- Establish sales strategy to launch Client Luxury Events
- Actively pursue new business continually seeking leads that will provide Event business.
- Communicate regularly with key wedding planners, social contacts, and other industry support.
- Establish account information.
- Call on major contacts (personally or phone) and continually promote our Client
- Attend trade shows, Community events, and industry meetings.
- Utilize event expertise to develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
- Plan and execute frequent FAM events for prospect clients such as Event Planners, DMC’s, DOSM’s and Wedding Planners
- Manage all communication for qualified leads and conduct site inspections for potential clients
- Establish event proposals and offers that fall in line with expected profitability
- Review event rate structure (venue fee’s, wine and food minimums and other) on an annual basis to ensure a competitive but realistic offering
- Achieve financial goal of $1.6 million annually, forecasted over a 3 year period Planning/Organization
- Planning event details and aspects, wine and food selection, including seating/ diagrams, venue layouts, décor and entertainment.
- Conduct menu tastings with clients as needed.
- Actively communicate with client on any changes leading up to the event.
- Conduct pre con meeting where needed
- Maximize upselling opportunities by offering additional services such as décor and entertainment options
- ???????Creating reliable financial reports/ review and collecting payments/ deposits on time
- Ensure all necessary documentation from outside vendors has been received in a timely manner (i.e. Certificates of Insurance, NDA’s where applicable, Vendor Code of Conduct).
- Manage compliance and necessary use of permits for all events Execution
- Reconcile all event charges ensuring that minimum profitability has been met
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved
HOME BUSINESS AND DEVELOPMENT CREATIVE SUPPORT (20%)
- Develop creatives/ content for paid media and organic advertisement of Private Events (B2B/ Weddings).
- Manage budget for such initiatives.
- Create seasonal Experience deck by developing verbiage/ copy for all experiences to be used for external and internal communication
- Develop creatives/ content (in partnership with Branding Manager) for paid media and organic advertisement of Seasonal Experiences
- Work closely with NY Brand Team and LaForce (PR Agency) on communication strategy for all Client Home Experiences
- Coordinate Web updates with Sr. Manager CRM and Sales Manager
- Plan and support execution of 3-4 ticketed Events hosted by Client
- Coordinate content photoshoots where needed (for both Experiences and Events)
- Customer service experience is required as well as a strong sales background in the weddings and events
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales or Catering Manager or similar role.
- Marketing Experience is a plus
- Experience & Event Management in a winery/ hotel or restaurant environment Technical & Management skills
- ???????Ability to use application software to perform administrative role, Excel, Word, SAP, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task using telephone, computer, and written communications.
- Tripleseat, Socialtables and Tock a plus
- Copywriting skills, excellent grammar, organization, and time management skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Detail-orientation, self-motivation, proactive problem solving, follow-through and ability to work with limited supervision are vital to the success of this position.
Strong team player, excellent communication skills both within and outside of the organization.