Job descriptionTiming: June
Duration: Ongoing full-time
Hours per week: 40+
Location: Onsite Boulder, CO
Salary: $55-75K DOE
One of our nonprofit clients focused on sustainable, generational community change through youth development, education, and mentorship is looking for an Events Manager to join their team for an exciting full-time role.
This Events Manager will be responsible for executing world-class events and fundraisers, collaborating with internal/external partners to plan, manage, and execute high-quality events that deliver on the organization's strategic goals, build the community, and raise critical funds.
The Events Manager will oversee in-person and virtual events such as auctions, dinner parties, celebrity chef events, house parties, speaking engagements, athletic events, etc. by managing all logistics including food & bev, venue selection, staff, volunteers, decor, permitting, parking, rentals, etc. across Colorado and travel to events in IL, NC, GA, NY, CA, and future expansion locations.
Ideal Events Manager candidates will have:
- 4-6+ years of work experience, ideally in event planning and management
- BA degree from a four-year college or university
- An unrelenting positive attitude and strong, entrepreneurial work ethic
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with an efficient approach to managing events
- Incredibly skilled at proactive planning, communicating clearly, and executing thoroughly down to every last detail --- and ensuring people supporting your efforts are equipped to do the same.
- A strategic planner and thinker who can bring creativity and vision
- Excellent verbal/written communication and follow-up skills
- Collaborative mindset and approach
- You thrive on to-do lists and pride yourself on being highly productive.
- You enjoy perfecting details and also know when to pull back to strategically align with agreed-upon goals; you embrace creating and working from a 12-15-month execution plan.
- A relationship-builder who enjoys creating lasting and mutually-beneficial partnerships with vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and more.
- Proven experience handling high-stress situations with poise and bringing a solutions-oriented approach to minor emergencies and last-minute changes
- Fully proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Google Suite
- Develop and implement 12-15-month event plans and checklists in collaboration with internal staff and external partners
- Manage all primary communications with all events partners, vendors, volunteers, and more
- Manage all event budgets, tracking actuals against planned spending and reconciling all financials with accounting colleagues
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to ensure the accuracy of marketing and communications for events
- Lead and execute all activities and personnel before, during, and after each event
- Document all relevant information using Salesforce, Google Suite, and Alchemer
- Track, analyze, and communicate event results to the team
- Collaborate with the executive and fundraising teams to create an events experience plan based on established objectives and budgets.
- Coordinate and execute the outreach to potential vendors and in-kind sponsors.
- Research new venues and partners in all our states and present them to the executive team for final selection.
- Organize final details of an all-community event onsite at the venue to ensure every element is in place before guests arrive --- communicating effectively with staff, volunteers, and hired partners so everyone understands how to do their jobs perfectly throughout the event.
*Onsite only (Boulder, CO)
**Travel required (approx. 7-10x per year)
***Full benefits including: Medical/dental/vision coverage, PTO, paid holidays, 15 work-from-anywhere days, flexible work schedule, parental leave, 401(k) with company match
****Background check required