Freelance Digital Designer Overview:
As the Digital Designer you will be responsible for the design and execution of visual digital materials for a high growth beauty brand. Along with the Senior Designer and Associate Creative Director, you will handle multiple projects and deliverables, translating project concepts into compelling visual stories based on marketing and business objectives. In this role you will deliver digital solutions for a diverse range of marketing needs across the two brands. You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of effective ecomm and editorial digital design.
Freelance Digital Designer Responsibilities
- Support the Sr. Designer and Assoc. Creative Director in the design of digital collateral including seasonal campaigns, emails, paid media and social.
- Translate creative briefs into effective design solutions throughout the customer journey while employing best practices per channel.
- Design all assets with digital story telling in mind across all customer touch points.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure images, copy and design come together to create the best representation of our brands.
- Concept and design in a digital/mobile first mindset.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with ecomm, marketing, social and other departments whose activities intersect with creative
Freelance Digital Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in a high volume, deadline-driven environment: beauty/fashion and technology industry experience.
- Aware of trends and new ideas within beauty and social, with ability to interpret those into high performing brand right creative.
- Understanding of technical constraints and digital first design.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, quickly managing changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of digital best practices and channel formats (i.e.: Instagram stories vs. display banners).
- Ability to anticipate workload and communicate proactively with team members.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, deadline driven.
- Experience working in an in-house environment and/or E-Commerce.
- Knowledge of computer programs including: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
- Understanding of current fashion, beauty, design and digital trends.
- Simple animation & video skills a plus.