Timing: Start as soon as week of 4/19
Duration: At least 4+ months to start, possible extension and/or contract-to-hire
Hours per week: Full 40 hours, must be available Monday through Friday between core hours of 10am-3pm MST, flexible before/after for remaining schedule
*Offsite flexible, must be available for core hours 10am-3pm MST
One of our K-12 education clients is looking for a freelance Process and Service Designer to join their team for an exciting contract role.
This freelance Process and Services Designer will be helping the establish and unify internal processes and workflows between multiple client/customer support teams, sales functions, etc.
The freelance Process and Service Designer should be extremely well-versed in internal research and able to uncover pain points that ultimately lead to new process design, workflows, and internal/external customer journeys.
Ideal freelance Process and Service Designer candidates will have:
- At least 5+ years experience in a process, service, or experience design position
- Passion for researching and developing an understanding of the problem space as experienced by our end users.
- Ability to gather research and build understanding of various users' experiences and a shared understanding of experiences among teams and stakeholders.
- Know how to orchestrate service design projects that generate, critique and refine products and services across an organization.
- Able to establish relationships and work with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proven experience planning and coordinating user research sessions with customers and business stakeholders.
- Know how to process research data into insights that generate visual frameworks.
- Comfortable creating presentations, reports, mind maps, prototypes, storyboards, service blueprints, to help the business understand and influence decision making systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details.
- Designed for both the target user’s experience and an organization’s ability to implement and scale.
- Utilized tools such as journey maps and service blueprints to create a systematic framework that undergirds experience design efforts.
- Facilitated collaborative, cross-functional ideation and process review and design sessions.
- Served as an advisor to the greater team in developing services.