Our client, a children's toy company is looking for a Girls Collectibles Designer to join their team!
*This is a 1 year contract role*
Must have experience
- building expansive toy brands from the ground up especially in the Girls Small Doll & Collectible toy category.
- This person has their finger on the pulse of fashion, makeup & beauty, influencers & youth trends and can identify what is hot & trendy now and what may be the next trend coming soon.
- This person can invent the hook or new toy trick that can help stand out from the crowd in the ever-crowded competitive Small Doll & Collectibles market.
- Ability to visualize a product vision & create conceptual thinking in terms of where-do-we-go-from-here as a roadmap into future product seasons.
- This person must be an excellent storyteller and present their new ideas and concepts aligning to the different brands & strategies.
- This person must always be on the lookout for inspiration and great new ideas from anywhere.
- The ability to openly receive feedback and convert it into outstanding, trendy & innovative solutions along the journey is a must.
- Participate in new product brainstorming
- Sharing current market and consumer trends with team to inform product decisions
- Has excellent problem solving skills while in motion
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude
- Adheres to schedules so product can be on shelf on time
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Works with autonomy but also knows when to update leaders to keep team on critical timelines
- Takes feedback with open arms, digests feedback and proposes solutions
- Assist Marketing team to deliver amazing & impactful presentations, sales pitches, trade show materials, and showroom designs
- Participate in and product strategy development, including creating innovative slots and rationale for existing brand
- Concept Development for existing brands and new areas of expansion.
- Development of 2-D renderings and oversight of 3-D model making for product concepts
- Possibility for travel to other global offices if needed
Required Skill Set:
- Strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator essential
- Strong visualization skills in the form of concept sketches, color renderings, play pattern and light storyboarding
- Collaborative, strategic, “think outside the box” approach to projects is a must!
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience designing products
- Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent required
- Mechanical experience and experience working with plastics and electronics is a plus.