Our client created the first hypoallergenic skincare formulations. They were the first to collaborate with dermatologists providing them with safe and effective products for their patients. The first SPF sunscreen to proactively prevent signs of aging and the first to discover a method for stabilizing retinol, one of the greatest discoveries in the history of skincare.
They continue this tradition today, creating innovative skincare solutions, based on science, to help women look and feel their best at every age.
Global Marketing Director Overview:
We are looking for a Global Marketing Director to help build the global brand vision and drive growth through the development and execution of the innovation roadmap.
This position delivers Innovation, Renovation and Optimization projects in the effort to drive and sustain growth. Working in a collaborative team environment, the role leads the ideation and concept creation for new product ideas, briefs relevant teams and manages the product creation process from ideation through creation.
Global Marketing Director Responsibilities:
• COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS: Lead competitive analysis to identity white space opportunities, develop launch strategy & differentiation - ways to be new, better, different
• INNOVATION CALENDAR: Develop of compelling 3-year innovation pipeline in partnership with VP and CMO, aligned with emerging market trends to identify big opportunities and A launches
• STRATEGY & POSITIONING: Exploration and clear development of new product strategy & positioning within competitive market
• CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT: Develop thoughtful, poignant concepts linked to strong consumer insights with hero product claims, key ingredient story, and feature & benefits summaries
• MESSAGING HIERARCHY: Develop deep, thoughtful approach to communicating key messages across consumer touch points
• ASSET CREATION: Brief creative partners and plan out execution & development of engaging assets for each product launch
• PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT: Brief and work with Operational team to create consumer centric primary and secondary packaging that conveys efficacy
• REGIONAL ALIGNMENT: Gain a deeper understanding of Regional markets including US, EMEA and Asia & white space opportunities through collaboration with the regional teams while providing thorough assets & toolkits available for local execution
• AGENCY BRIEFING - Develop and present inspiring briefs to agency partners to deliver 360 campaigns for TV, digital, etc…)
a. DIGITAL – Partner with eCommerce and Product Development to drive best in class digital strategy globally through education, assets, tool kits, etc.
b. ANALYTICS – Leverage portfolio and competitive data to evaluate size of prize
Global Marketing Director Additional Responsibilities:
• Manage and provide guidance to a direct report
• Collaborate with the other cross functional teams (R&D, Product Development, Operations, Finance) to ensure products are brought to market on-time and on-budget
• Partner with Product Development in creating formulation briefs
• Partner with R&D and Product Development on claims testing
• Lead and manage the artwork process for all new and existing product packaging
• Undergo necessary NPD steps such as name clearance
• Attend seminars, key supplier conference, industry events as needed to stay abreast of new trends
• Manage multiple projects concurrently with a high attention to detail while being agile in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial market
• Travel to production startups or tradeshows as needed
Global Marketing Director Qualifications:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Global Marketing in the Beauty industry
• Skincare background a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Business or Science
• Ability to thrive in a lean, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of the new product development process
• Ability to work with others; to create a cross-departmental successful team environment