Our client is a well known beauty company that is seeking a new Global Visual Merchandising Sourcing Manager to join their team in NYC.
All projects need to be managed with talent, development, timing, sustainability, cost and delivery to the DC on time. Procurement will need to have a strong sense of engineering and materials. They will vet the designs and guide the development phase with the vendors before submitting to the VM team for evaluation. Must be positive, self-motivated, highly organized, extremely collaborative, flexible in thinking, mature team player.
- Work with Demand Planning, SDVM, Creative Operations, and the DC’s Customer Service to ensure all vendors & projects are managed and delivered on time.
- Has a strong understanding of luxe beauty VM elements from design, to engineering and to fabrication. They will be the first wave of critical evaluation before materials and prototypes are submitted to the VM team for feedback.
- Strong knowledge in acrylic, paper, and plastic materials with the goal to produce current VM more sustainably.
- Responsible for working with Creative Ops to set milestones to track: DTO, costing & POs, engineering drawings, material reviews, prototype review, dieline and delivery.
- Responsible for weekly VM status meetings with a detailed project tracker to call out any potential risks with next steps to ensure all VM delivers on time.
- Proficient in budget management as they will be responsible for coming within cost, creating vendor POs and following up to ensure there are no issues with project delivery.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 2-3 years of experience in Procurement within the luxe beauty industry.
- Passion for and extensive knowledge of design, engineering and luxury, sustainable materials.
- Extensive VM vendor relationships with national and regional VM contacts.
- Keen understanding of brand nuances, competitive positioning, current beauty trends, and industry chatter.
- Existing relationships with key global beauty vendors & experience activating broad scale, multi-tiered opens sell executions a plus.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, networking, and written communications skills.
- Must be a positive team player and although not the norm they must be prepared to work after hours and weekends to ensure team needs are met or when team priorities come up.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design / Business / Marketing, or related field.