Job descriptionTITLE: Head Of Product (Apparel)
Location: Somerville, MA (3 in office 2 out hybrid)
Slary: DOE + bonus
Our client, a well established lifestyle brand is looking for a Head of Product for their Basketball Apparel team.
What you will be doing:
• Manage team of Apparel PLMs, including career and personal growth as business develops (including objective setting and mentoring for further career opportunities)
• Lead team to work closely with regional merchandise & sales organizations.
• Continuous analysis of forecast and sales reports to improve seasonal range planning and identify quick-turn opportunities.
• Develop the collection and marketing strategies for the assigned product lines
• Work closely with marketing POD teams to ensure correct sell-in tools are developed for key products and/or concepts within seasonal range.
• Work with regional partners at key seasonal milestones to adjust range based on feedback and balance, bringing to market the overall vision versus regional needs.
• Lead team in creating seasonal brief for design and development, ensuring accurate and timeless set up and maintenance of all lines and all required information within the company’s product systems.
• Prepare for and present the Apparel strategy and product lines to international partners and key accounts, including at International Product Team (IPT) and other key meetings
• Lead team in working closely with global Go-To-Market organization. Including the planning and coordination of order windows and tracking of ISDs
• Work with development partners and Sourcing to ensure final FOB prices meet product margin goals for the season.
• Coordinating the information flow of all international partners (including customers) within the basketball business.
• Continue to develop relationships to supplier network
• Support creation of the catalogue
• Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Business or Marketing. Fashion or Apparel; or other equivalent education/training.
• Minimum of 9 +years successful track record in product management of performance/running apparel and or equivalent, at well-known leading apparel brand.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
• An excellent communicator and presenter (concepts, products).
• Excellent feeling for opportunities to enhance the business and the brand.
• Capable to manage products according to market requests.
• Excellent technical background related to fabrics, product development and quality requirements
• Knows how to work analytically, conceptually and strategically.
• Convincing, international and cosmopolitan attitude.
• Professional, dynamic and dedicated person.
• International experience preferred.
• Requires 15-20% international and domestic travel
• Computer Skills: MS Office, Power Point, Lotus Notes, Windows, Excel, Internet.