Our client, a well known global agency, is looking to bring on contract HR Business Partners to their team on an ongoing freelance basis, starting immediately, with opportunity to go fulltime. This role will report to the People Team Lead and will be located in Chicago, with opportunity to to work a hybrid/WFH model.
The main focus of this role is strategic HR business partnership and oversight for day-to-day operations. We are seeking a progressive HRBP to help drive best practice change management and organizational design to help us leverage our talent, identify strategic capabilities, and bridge strategic capability gaps to be future fit- whilst helping evolve our culture and staying true to our values.
The role requires a results-orientated commercial thinker to connect the dots and take a 30,000-ft. common sense approach. It requires presence, personality, and to the ability to quickly build credibility to influence at the highest levels. Work is fast paced, autonomous, with competing priorities, and thus excellent expectation management skills are needed to manage this wildly ambitious team.
This role has purpose; thinking and contributing is expected, a willingness to share ideas and opinions to help create strategic HR plans and then deliver against these is a must. The HRBP has excellent commercial acumen; understanding of the P & L, terminology and how the business makes money.
Beyond the day to day, we are working on a number of exciting global HR projects around our values and employee value proposition. We are looking for a hand raiser, unafraid of a challenge to take a project and own it to completion; whilst we may have HR in our job titles- we don’t expect HR to do all the work; we’re looking for a HRBP that can build relationships and spot opportunities to bring skillsets together to help us deliver people projects like this.
The HRBP is part of the HR Leadership Team partnering closely with the Senior Director who leads the NA Agency focused People team. The HRBP plays an active part in the HR community, mentoring junior team members and sharing inspiration. As part of this wider HR circle our HRBPs benefit from access to industry leading information, best practices, and the total support to focus on personal development.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Acts as a business partner for key stakeholders across the business for people related conversations (steering towards strategic aims connected to business and HR goals); covering all manner of conversations - pay, benefits, ER, development, workforce planning, exits, and supported closely by with the wider People team on execution.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the business enabling effective, aligned input. Shares proposals and opinions and recommended actions (not just information). Acts autonomously with senior stakeholders managing up as required. Effectively challenging management thinking with respect to people and culture.
• Participates in annual people and organization planning using this business and people strategy to drive workforce planning and strategic decision-making plans and executes against these.
• Works with the Senior Director, HRBP to participate in discussions and planning around organization strategic needs.
Career Growth and Development
• Rallies to inspire and motivate the business around goal setting, continual feedback and review and end of year reviews.
• Runs a seamless process but goes beyond to evolve, seek feedback and respond to help facilitate quality conversations.
• Ensures everyone has quality goals at all times.
• Seeks to actively embed a feedback culture of ‘failing up’ A HRBP seeks and shares thought leadership to evolve our talent management enable us to unleash the full potential of our people.
• The HRBP acts as eyes and ears for development for all at all times; deploying their coaching skills to support managers and individuals with goal setting, looking for opportunities and bring ideas to the HR team around development.
• The HRBP partners with leadership to create Individual Development Plans for their people.
Day to Day and Operational Support
• Oversees details related to the life cycle of employment including attracting and retaining talent; working with department leads on staffing needs and employee development.
• Provides oversight and guidance to the rest of the People team on all aspects of general HR support.
• Manages onboarding, performance management, learning and development, and compensation from both a strategic and functional perspective; identifying opportunities to improve processes and driving the annual processes.
• Works with the People team lead to ensure development, execution and updating of individual development plans for all employees.
• Provides effective coaching to employees and managers as well as through organizational change initiatives helping to lead effective change management processes.
• Supports the development of a positive culture including advocate for D & I efforts; analyze employee survey results and work effectively to implement appropriate changes; pro-actively support leadership in identifying recognition opportunities. Ensure most effective use of existing recognition programs and provide recommendations for new forms of recognition as appropriate.
• Works with various departments and the HR Coordinator to manage freelance needs.
• Assists with special projects and ad hoc assignments as required.
Data driven decisions
• The HR Team makes data driven decisions.
• The HRBP ensures procurement of all information we can mine (in partnership with the HR Analytics partner), analyses data to spot trends, utilizes data to take action, sharing as and when appropriate.
• Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to easily shift directions
• Excellent listening and communication skills (written and oral)
• Sufficient relevant experience of progressive human resource experience; including strong understanding of HR and labour laws
• Experience in analyzing and presenting complex data
• Strong presentation skills and business acumen
• High level of professionalism, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence
• Proven background in agency, or tech environments managing fast paced change from start to finish and working with senior level executives ideally in a similar sized global organization
• Keen industry knowledge and network or desire to learn more, trends, competitors etc.
• The usual stuff: strong MS Office skills, highly organized and detail oriented, ability to exercise discretion and high level of confidentiality, major amounts of integrity
• Project management qualifications a bonus!
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!