Nonprofit Organization focused within the Entertainment space, is looking to hire a Recruiter to join their HR team! This person is responsible for supporting HR Operations including hiring the best talent by delivering on all facets of talent acquisition, developing recruiting plans, meeting DEI goals, and discovering innovative sourcing strategies.
You will develop systems and processes as well as recruit for a variety of positions across the organizations diversity goals. You are a highly motivated self-starter who is proactive, analytical, and has a passion for recruiting and a demonstrated understanding of how to actively source diverse candidates.
*This is a hybrid based role - 2-3 days onsite. MUST be locally based in Los Angeles*
- Partner with management to develop recruiting strategies and initiatives for current and future needs.
- Work with hiring managers in assessing talent needs, developing position specifications, and identifying desired competencies for roles.
- Define and implement a comprehensive diversity recruiting program.
- Build awareness of the company brand and network to develop a pipeline of diverse candidates.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness and market intelligence in terms of hiring trends, labor shifts, and market unrest as well as compensation challenges.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations to ensure interview and selection techniques and documentation comply with organizational policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and guidelines.
- Screen resumes, conduct interviews, schedule interviews for hiring managers, contact references, make offers, and conduct background checks.
- Run college recruitment for our summer intern program and facilitate resume-writing workshops.
- Maintain ongoing recruitment status reports.
- Other human resources duties as assigned including coaching managers on the hiring and interview process, participating in the new employee orientation process, surveying new hires, conducting stay and exit interviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 3+ years of solid recruitment and human resources experience. Recruitment with emphasis in the arts desired.
- Experience with various candidate sourcing resources and social media recruitment platforms.
- Must be a Strong team player with strong client/customer service orientation and proven experience collaborating and making recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement a staffing program and guidelines.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws and general business practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with staffing and HR systems, applicant tracking, HRIS, onboarding programs, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with strong project management, problem-solving, and follow-through skills.
- Must be proactive in asking questions with the ability to work independently, juggle priorities, and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.