Job descriptionOur client, a leader of fitness, is seeking a well organized, dynamic HR Manager to join their growing team!
This is a great role for someone with a personality who wants growth, has an open mind, wants a GREAT company culture with a work life balance!
The Human Resources Manager will partner with our premium brands, supporting all aspects of personnel-related matters, from recruiting, payroll, employee relations, to training and performance evaluation. The role will ensure payroll is in compliance with local, state and federal laws, as well as company guidelines, oversee full cycle recruitment of our fitness, spa and restaurant staff, and maintaining employee records.
Location- West Hollywood, CA
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Create hiring plans for our premium plans, including but not limited to fitness, spa, front-of-the-house, and back-of-the-house staff. Promote open roles through various online platforms and internal and external networks. Track key recruiting metrics like turnover rates and source of hire.
• Review and manage payroll, in conjunction with our Payroll Manager, ensuring proper timesheets, including but not limited to, overtime, tip calculations, shift differentials, bonus calculations, state mandated meal breaks and rest breaks, and updated records of payments.
• Partner with department managers to schedule onboarding sessions and job-related trainings for all new-hires and team members. Conduct new-hire orientation.
• Ensures our restaurant team members are up to date on compliance with health and safety regulations in the hospitality industry. Oversee LEAD/STAR training for all front-of-the house team members.
• Acts as a resource for mangers on employee relations, ensuring proper investigations and performance and behavior-related concerns. Advise and assist management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Maintains and audits all team members employment files to ensure all standards are maintained and completed. Protect and maintain the privacy of employee information of employee records and systems, ensuring confidentiality.
• Maintains up-to-date team member insurance payments and proper accounting for all eligible team members. Function as a liaison between HR benefits and team members, advising on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. Participate and facilitate in annual open enrollment planning and events.
• Handles all request for information in connection with unemployment insurance benefits, file necessary appeals and attend EDD hearings when necessary.
• Practices and promotes consistent and equitable application and enforcement of all policies and procedures.
• Fosters strong relationships with operations by making accessibility and responsiveness a priority.
• Manage employees’ requests for accommodations and requests for availability leave programs, such as workman’s compensation, disability, or FMLA. Assists and with reporting and investigating claims for worker’s compensation.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Working experience in human resources, with a strong background in high-volume restaurant, hospitality or food & beverage, with multi-unit and multi-state experience, and be familiar with current labor and employment laws on local, state, and federal level.
• Prior supervision and/or management of restaurant team members is a plus and preferred. Great knowledge of restaurant positions, terminology and lingo is highly preferred.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with recruiting for restaurant staff, seasonal and part-time positions, including both front and back of the house. Good knowledge of regulations and staff strategies around flexible types of employment.
• Familiar with various POS system, ATS, ADP payroll and restaurant and hospitality resume databases.
• Must be a problem solver who is able to navigate multiple situations, tasks, and assignments. Exercise good judgment in decision making.
• Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment.
• Must be proactive and possess strong organization and prioritization skills. Must have a high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in all various modes (verbal, written, text, etc.). Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and a positive attitude. Outstanding presentation skills and good time-management skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate the team with strong work ethics, a keen eye on details for accuracy, and be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality.
• Must be flexible and reliable team player internally and externally.
• Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
• Must be results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.