Job description• Hourly pay rate is $25-27
• 12 Month+ Contract
• Schedule is hybrid - 2 days/week in office
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, car programs, fitness programs, 401(k) plan, 409[a) plan and pension plan. This role would take on the tasks of ensuring data confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity. This will include regulatory compliance and reporting.
• Act as first point of internal contact for all employee questions, concerns, and support issues related to benefits
• Provide benefit administration and customer service to colleagues
• Partner with third-party administrators to administer selected benefits • Participate in the design, development, implementation, communication, and administration of all benefits and leave of absence programs.
• Research and resolve discrepancies between the benefits system /payroll system/insurance carrier benefit statements which impact eligibility, enrollment, reinstatement or termination of coverage
• Annual open enrollment process including calculating rate cost sharing, system set up verification, update forms, manual enrollment as needed, validate enrollment transmission with carriers, update benefit presentation for new colleagues.
• Administer process, compile or monitor information related to the following: Annual 5500 filings for all Welfare
• Benefit Plans, Annual Non-Discrimination testing, FSA Compliance testing, Monthly COBRA administration and validation, FMLA absences, Short and Long-Term Disability programs, Retiree benefit premium payments, Benefit billing on a monthly basis.
• Administration of eTag and PAL car programs including updating payroll.
• Processing benefit transactions to meet set deadlines including new hire enrollment, life status changes, annual open enrollment and terminations
• Ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all benefits materials, including benefit plan documents, Summary Plan Description (SPDs), benefits guide, and all associated materials are posted and available. • Work with team members providing administrative support and complete department projects and duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with the Benefits Manager to coordinate Wellness services through the Life in Motion Program.
• Maintain the retiree database, retiree website and process pension valuation requests.
• Assist in audits, management of retirement benefits and 401K plan programs
• Remain current on industry trends, best practices, and compliance.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related or equivalent experience preferred.
• Advanced courses in Accounting desired. Experience (Job and Industry):
• 2+years of benefits administration experience
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
• Current knowledge of benefits related regulations; ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, FMLA, ADA
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities; attention to detail
• Ability to establish partnerships with internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service
• Maintain knowledge of/review market trends, new legislation, and compliance
• Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve complex administrative and accounting issues.
• Outstanding written communication and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
• Good attention to details.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects/responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met and employee inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• Expert computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.