Job descriptionPurpose and Objective of Position
Human Resource Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance in all human resources functions including Local employment laws and regulations, workplace safety, Wage & Salary Administration, and Leave Administration. The Human Resources Manager ensures timely compliance in reporting Local and other statutory requirements, implements company and HR policies and oversees HR activities such as recruitment, staffing, workforce planning, compensation, benefits, payroll, employee relations and employee services such as staff engagement and recognition.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully knowledgeable in local laws and regulations and ensures total compliance in line with company policies and procedures
- Interprets and implements company policies and ensures consistent application of policies and procedures
- Investigates employee complaints thoroughly and applies appropriate measures for resolution of problems
- Works closely with local legal counsel and HR Director in resolution of employee issues
- Responsibilities include recruitment, staffing and workforce planning for all location based employees including utilizing effective recruitment tools such as web browsers, government agencies and community organizations
- Oversee tasks of job postings, and background/references
- Conducts interviews; and arranges interviews with hiring managers
- Responsible for new employment processing including prepares offer letters and in-processing, company and benefits orientation for new hires
- Administers the Airport Badge and/or any government security/compliance programs.
Benefits & Compensation & HRIS
- Coordinates the review process, wage increases and bonus payouts, annual performance evaluations, and management objectives and reviews
- Processes personnel actions as required and submits to Corporate HRIS for processing.
- Ensure HR Management System and Kronos data integrity
- Processes Individual and Team incentive plans
- Supports Talent Management functions such as Benefits and Payroll
- Implements and facilitates training programs
- Ensures excellent customer service provided to external and internal customers. .
- Trains Supervisors and Managers in skill-based and performance based techniques as well as Legal compliance.
- Monitors employee morale and encourage positive team relations. Maintains employee contact and targets a cohesive team environment.
- Oversees, investigations and implements solutions to any employee relations challenges or complaints
- Coordinates employee social events and recognition activities such as Service Awards
- And other HR duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Business or equivalent
4+ years management/supervisory experience in HR management, Retail experience preferred
Licenses / Certifications: PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
Critical knowledge & skills including tools, software applications, language, etc.
Other Qualifications / Core Competencies
- Integrated HR/Payroll systems experience desirable
- PC, preferably Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Previous sales/retail experience desired
- Ability to work under high-pressure environment and within stringent deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff, and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to work a flexible schedule
Working Conditions / Environment
Position is located in JFK airport. Occasional travel may be required to another DFS location.
** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT JFK AIRPORT 4-5 days/week **