Our client, a trendy furniture and home decor brand based in California that is well known for its eclectic selection of modern, vintage & antique furnishings, is currently hiring a Human Resource Coordinator to join their team in Commerce, CA.
This role is freelance, 5 days a week on-site.
- Provide day-to-day human resources services in the areas of policy interpretation, onboarding, training, payroll, performance management, employee relations, and recognition.
- Support the implementation of all key company-wide HR initiatives and life cycle activities for the client group; e.g. learning programs, compensation planning, performance management and talent planning for client groups.
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions and concerns.
- Serve as the onboarding point of contact for the new hires
- Assist with onboarding, tracking, offboarding, HR reporting, analyses and audit requests for seasonal workforce.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of human resources programs, and processes
- Help facilitate site-wide events, such as benefits fairs, volunteer efforts, and team celebrations
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Handle day-to-day processes, to include employee data changes, creation of job requisitions, training support, and answering HR questions for clients
- Analyze, interpret, and make recommendations to HRBPs on Exit Survey.
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; onboarding; data analysis; offboarding)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Must possess consultative style and authentic approach, with proven ability to develop credible relationships
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project/program management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in managing through multiple priorities with overlapping tasks across multiple businesses
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment