Job descriptionHybrid - NYC
Full Time - Temp to Perm
Our client, an innovative design firm that works with prestige and mass market clients in a variety of industries, is looking for an industrial designer to join their team.
The team is looking for Self-motivated professionals who want to work on a wide variety of retail projects from design through implementation are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be knowledgeable in the technical aspects of design and fabrication, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in varying stages as part of a project team and individually.
• Candidates must hold a related degree in design
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant US experience focused within the retail sector
• Excellent communication skills – speak to, write, and document all stages of project to management, vendors and customers on request
• Demonstrated abilities as a self-motivated and independent worker
• Ability to engage in rapid concept generation in 3-D
• Hands-on construction of rapid prototypes
• Good mechanical and structural aptitude, and knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes
• Proficiency in 3-D design software: Solidworks, SketchUp, Keyhole, Adobe Creative Suite
• Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative to get things done
• Limited travel is required