Job descriptionInstructional Designer/Curriculum Developer
This is a W2 contract opportunity
Duration: 6 months (may extend)
Location: Remote (based in CA)
Pay Rate: $40/hr - $55/hr
- Conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork.
- Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information.
- Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions.
- Provides guidance on graphic technology.
- Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums.
- Develops and designs courses and curriculum.
- Edits and develops online learning materials.
- Keeps current on best practices in instructional design.
- Writes scripts for video and audio content.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals.
- The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects – from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
- Autonomy: Recognized master in professional discipline. Works independently to implement strategic goals and establish operational plans for job area. Assignments are often self-initiated Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Organizational Impact: Strongly influences the design of new products, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy with a significant impact on functional results . Implements strategic goals established by functional leadership. Changes or may establish operational plans for job area with long-range impact on results.
- Innovation and Complexity: Faces problems that span a wide range of difficulty and unique issues across functions and / or businesses which may cause redirection . Develops solutions to unique issues Improves upon existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation .
- Communication and Influence: Interacts with internal and external customers and vendors at various levels, including executive leadership, on significant matters. Conducts briefings with senior leaders within the job function. Negotiates with others to reach understanding or agreement.
- Leadership and Talent Management: Frequently provides guidance, coaching and training to other employees . Typically manages large, moderately complex initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of specialty area and working knowledge of several other areas, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside of the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)( 4)(iii)(A) and minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.