Job description24 Seven is teaming up with a large agency based in Portland, OR to find an Interactive Designer/Developer to join their team in this hybrid role. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
You are knowledgeable about interactive design, content development, user experience, QA/QC testing, and web development, and have a keen interest in emerging platforms and technologies. Experience with and a passion for emerging metaverse platforms, AR/VR, digital assets, social media and/or gaming is helpful.
They are seeking an Interactive Designer/Developer to join the Digital & Interactive Team and bridge the gap between creative and code. This person is a digital-obsessed problem solver responsible for marrying technology and design to produce innovative, forward-thinking solutions and experiences.
The Designer/Developer is an effective verbal and written communicator who can work closely with multidisciplinary creative teams, including Creative Directors, UX Designers, Developers, Motion Designers, and Graphic Designers. This person helps generate ideas that drive great concepts and contributes to the development and execution of digital deliverables. They work closely with creative teams to develop experiences, inspire technology driven content, and craft communication solutions for clients.
They would love to connect with those who are familiar with all phases of the creative design process, from brainstorming and concept formulation through production and launch; who understand how strategy drives creative direction, guides inspiration, and generates the core ideas that inform coherent concepts across a wide range of mediums; and who are knowledgeable about what it takes to work with top brands, world-class companies, and clients who expect the absolute best.
Key Areas of Contribution:
The Interactive Designer/Developer must have the ability to craft and communicate thoughtful user experiences that are custom tailored across multiple device formats and mediums. The role entails content creation and interactive design and requires technical knowledge.
• Be a liaison between programmers and designers
• Work in close collaboration with the development team to format and input data and content
• Be the primary QA/QC tester
• Contribute to continuous improvement by quickly testing ideas by creating frameworks, design kits, testing playbooks, etc.
• Collaborate with the UX Designer on user flow mapping, with consideration given to identified KPIs, project goals, and strategy
• Assist with buildout of initial wireframes/gray boxes
• Ensure a solid understanding of project goals to help guide or present
• Perform tracking analytics and reporting on website or experience performance
• Contribute to the build-out of decks for creative reviews with clients
• Building, sharing, and using design components and libraries
• understand existing and emerging social media platforms, with experience finding opportunities to build and scale new capabilities
• can maintain websites/web applications and managing hosting environments
• are self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment to meet tight deadlines with multiple concurrent projects.
• can collect, organize, and manage content necessary for digital projects from various sources
• have a strong ability to present technical thinking in an uncomplicated, articulate, and approachable way
• have excellent debugging skills, with strong knowledge of compatibility and cross-browser issues
• are detail oriented and passionate about delivering amazing customer experiences
• have a general understanding of web standards and best practices
• have excellent organizational, time management and multitasking capabilities
Education and Experience:
• A degree in Communications/Design/Computer Science/Media Arts and/or a collection of relevant work experience demonstrating the desired skill set
• Previous experience working within a design-focused environment
• Ability to assist in digital experiences built with Unity and Unreal
• Content Management Systems experience, including WordPress and Directus
• Experience with Git content repositories including GitHub
• Competent image manipulation skills with Adobe Photoshop, with other relevant Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus