Our client is a high fashion Jewelry brand looking to bring on Jewelry Designer to join their team. Seeking a minimalist Jewelry designer who can create concepts for earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets and more utilizing silver, gold plated and fine jewelry details .
Designer Position Overview:
In this position, the Designer would be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples. You will implement the category leader's direction in all aspects of the design process, from the initial concept stage to presentation, to the development and execution of the final product.
Accessories Designer Requirements:
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive accessory design concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets.
- Develop flats and sketches for all accessory designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision.
- Send out trend packs to direct vendors each season.
- Prepare all necessary components for accessory design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams including Merchandising, Product Development, and Sourcing teams, and maintain strong business relationships with external partners.
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 +years’ jewelry/accessory design and development experience.
- Experience designing for manufacturing.
- Creative and innovative design and conceptualization ability.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and with vendors.
- Capacity to anticipate change based on events and adapt quickly.
Onsite 5 days/ week 40hr work week.
Rate: $40-$50/hr DOE