Job descriptionJr. Product Copywriter
Our client is looking for a Jr. Product Copywriter who writes copy for Instruction Manuals (IM), supervises activities in the Instruction Manual writing department, and ensures department’s new and existing IMs are in accordance with established documentation procedures.
This is a temp to hire, hybrid role, with onsite work in Chatsworth, CA.
Jr. Product Copywriter Responsibilities:
- Develops standard documentation methods to effectively communicate product concepts and use.
- Ensures any necessary internal process documentation.
- Supervise instruction manual staff in their day to day job tasks and review and/or edit their documents for accuracy and completeness
- Develop and/or implement new policies/procedures/standards and/or rules/regulations
- Provide consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decision to staff
- Write, route, correct, finalize and archive instruction manuals for a diverse assortment of products in order to increase consumer satisfaction and minimize product returns.
- Develop knowledge of past and current products and product audience.
- Meet strict deadlines.
- Interface with Product Development, Quality Assurance, Legal, Customer Service and other departments to revise and finalize manuals.
- Ensure clear, logical copy combines with appropriate illustrations to create easy-to-understand instructions.
- Create accurate instructions for complex product functions.
- Handle and complete multiple, varied projects daily.
Jr. Product Copywriter Qualifications:
- ???????BA/BS in English, Journalism, or Technical Communications
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely through writing and design while keeping the end consumer in mind.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Must speak clearly, concisely, and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
- 5 years work experience in writing technical documentation with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects concurrently and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator CS2, Microsoft Outlook, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to work independently, function effectively as a member of a team
- Read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures
- Ability to create line art graphics and instructional layouts
- Photography aptitude
- Ability to hand draw