Job Title: Jr. Designer
This role is responsible for creating design concepts for all seasonal design efforts, to be adapted through all our online channel. He/she will work both independently and in collaboration with producers, copy writers, art directors and sr. designers to ensure consistency in quality of work and be able to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and due dates. This role is responsible for maintaining brand standards on the website by carrying through design concepts on new assets, support ongoing updates, maintenance and design of supporting assets including large seasonal campaigns.
• Self Manages and prioritize projects to meet pre-established timelines and deliver assets on-time
• Designs graphic solutions (for example, digital) for projects
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Review revisions/comments for multiple projects via online proofing system
• Follow established style guides for the website
• Edit existing files with product changes, copy changes and design modifications
• Be comfortable working independently and as part of larger teams
• BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education
• At least 4 years of professional design or production experience in the area of software and/or web site design
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS5, CS6, or CC), specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to distinguish good layout/typography, apply color theory, hierarchy and balance
• Ability to troubleshoot minor problems with typography, layout, applications, hardware
Additional Preferred Qualifications
-2 years experience in marketing or advertising within a retail environment.
-2 years experience managing interactive projects in an online creative or related digital field.
-4 years experience working with design software (for example, Adobe Creative Suite), including proficiency in advanced functions (for example, multi-layer masking and compositing).