An exciting opportunity for a Junior Print & Textile Designer to join a leading Designer based in London. As Print & Textile Designer you will be responsible for designing prints and textiles with a strong fashion direction.
- Assisting the design team with creative research for the seasonal mood board for print design, technique, typography and colour palette
- Design and development of original and innovative print / woven patterns for RTW, accessories and occasionally collaborative capsule collections.
- Mocking up prints and textiles to illustrate scale and colour on existing garments.
- Creating technical drawings and specs.
- Assisting fabric team to sign off on prints at strike off, SMS and production stage.
- Assisting fabric team with critical path to meet sign off and product review meetings.
- Creating creative content for digital element of the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in print/textile or graphic design.
- Confident screen printer.
- 2 or more years of experience working for a luxury brand in a fast-paced environment in a similar role.
- Experience industrializing prints for commercial production
- Strong research, concept and creative skills.
- Strong drawing skills.
- Computer Literate in Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong ability to articulate Ideas.
- Technical knowledge of textiles.
- Full understanding of both contemporary and luxury market.
- In depth knowledge of fabric and prints.