Job descriptionWe are working with our global sportswear client in search for a Junior Prototype Lab Manager to join their team. If this is something you are interested in, please apply and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Location: Onsite 5 days a week in Portland, OR
Duration: 6 months
- Assist with priority prototype projects across both footwear and apparel, collaborating with design, development, and concept creation teams across both Innovation and Inline organizations.
- Receive and track all prototype requests, pull 3D files from a shared server, prep and process files for printability, color and texture assignment as needed.
- Reach out to communicate file issues and timelines to coworkers requesting prototypes.
- Maintain communication channels with design and development leadership, including informing the teams of down times, scheduled completion times, and operational updates.
- Communicate with equipment service providers to complete needed repairs and submit all materials/consumables orders to a variety of vendors.
- Plan and execute basic repairs on lab equipment by using factory manuals and/or online demos.
- Exercise creativity in part stacking, nesting, etc. Enjoy the opportunity to learn new software and
- machine usage protocols. Step up to the challenge of new machines and print asks.
- Experience engaging in the 3D print process including file loading, mesh repair, water-tighting for print, and using printer-specific software for arranging build plate layouts.
- Hands-on experience with at least one, or a variety of 3D printing techniques (FFF, SLA, SLS, DLP, or other, etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot/repair both mechanical and electrical systems on laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of general fabrication and machining techniques
- Basic/Intermediate CAD skills
- Understanding of general lab safety principles
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40lbs
Experience / Educational Qualifications:
- Highschool Diploma or GED and 1-2 years of relevant experience (minimum)
- Associate degree or other technical degree, in an applicable field with 0-1 years of relevant experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing
- Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other similar discipline (preferred)