As a Project Manager Lead, you will be the key liaison between our investment banking client and our Projects team. You will be expected to manage projects including scheduling, estimating, obtaining job detail information, and job tracking and must be proactive, quick thinking, a problem solver and ultra-organized, ensuring account satisfaction and service excellence. The Lead Project Manager will manage the day-to-day execution and optimization of ongoing projects - assessing timelines, determining goals, and coordinating projects. This includes resolving and escalating issues and barriers.
- Provide guidance and support to the project managers and project Coordinators, both on and offshore.
- Work in conjunction with the Team Manager to ensure all deliverables are met in accord with the client’s expectations.
- Act as primary liaison between client and Projects.
- Establish and promote excellent customer relations through effective and proactive communications to update clients and other stakeholders on project status.
- Enter and track a high volume of data-related work components and updates to the client project tracking system.
- Ensure proper priority is given to each job to meet client expectations.
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, production, and project management status calls bringing in appropriate resources as needed.
- Maintain contact with clients and production to set project milestones, create project estimates, track schedules, advise of job progress, scheduling concerns, and any requests for additional information or materials, when required.
- Track and report on quality metrics, strategize with the client, and deliver services, which will attract and retain customer loyalty.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- Degree in a field related to the functional role with 5 + years of experience in project management or comparable experience with progressively expanding responsibilities
- Knowledge of administrative software, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Access
- Excellent computer skills; ability to learn new programs, and ability to provide basic troubleshooting.
- Must be proactive, collaborative, driven, and seek excellence in the execution of tasks.
- Experience in utilizing continuous improvement tools to create and track metrics.
- Complete understanding of the “Big Picture” which allows the individual to problem-solve, analyze potential solutions, and use sound judgment to make good business decisions.
- Ability to interpret and understand clients’ expectations and provide appropriate support.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proven track record with strong and effective client relationships and solution delivery.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to listen for understanding.
- Ability to support multiple projects at one time in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability to work with cross-functional teams, internally and client-side.
- Ability to anticipate needs on behalf of the client, not only to serve the client but also to increase volume and profitability.
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage high volumes of information during high-stress situations.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem-solving skills.