Job description24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportswear brand based in Portland, OR to help them find a Location Planner to join their team in this hybrid role. This is a 6 month contract, with potential to extend or turn into a full-time position. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Top 3 skills: Retail acumen, analytics experience, strong influencing skills
Who they are looking for:
They are looking for a Location Planning professional that will focus on the company's direct business in North America. This role will deliver location plans in collaboration with key cross-functional, geo and territory partners. The candidate needs to have strong retail acumen and experience, as well as leadership and influencing skills.
You are able to build hypothesis & data driven analysis, translating insights into action through problem solving and critical thinking skills. You possess a deep understanding of marketplace, product and inventory planning with actions that are grounded in qualitative research, data and insights to support your view. You are a great collaborator who proactively builds positive relationships across the organization with both upstream and downstream functions. Using your strong financial and commercial acuity, you show good judgment in making decisions and problem solving.
What you will be working on:
You will be working with the Planning teams, Field Organization, and the broader Marketplace Units (MPUs) to develop in-depth, accurate and detailed strategic and tactical plans to maximize revenue and profitability by store while leveraging analytics, technology, data and cross-functional input.
Responsibilities will also include participating in the development of annual financial budgets at a store level. Managing the new store planning process. Managing and maintaining stores at operationally efficient capacities through review and adjustment to Sales, Inventory & Sell Through. This position will also require the analysis of historical data and current trends to identify both current and future opportunities to elevate the business at a store level. In addition, you'll collaborate with key business partners to develop a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and/or product opportunities by store.
Who you'll be working with:
You will work both within the demand and supply management function and across the broader cross-functional organization, partnering closely with Marketplace/MPUs, Merchandise Financial Planning, Assortment Planning, Allocation, Merchandising, Finance, Marketplace Operations, Store Operations, and our Field Organization among others to deliver store financial business targets both pre-season and in-season.
• Bachelor's degree in Merchandising, Business or related subject area.
• 3+ years experience in retail, planning, allocation and/or product management.
• 2 years additional experience in lieu of degree.
• 3 years in a Leadership Role in Retail Stores may be substituted in lieu of planning experience.
• Strong ability to influence & work constructively with others by communicating effectively. Listens actively and contributes to advance the conversation.
• Outstanding written/verbal communication, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
• Ability to collate and understand relevant market data that integrates and informs the Location Financial Plans; assessing risk and solving problems to deliver business results.
• Strong command of Retail metrics including Retail Sales, Open-To-Buy, ST%, WOS, Inventories (marketplace + DC), Revenue and Margin with the ability to manipulate data for efficient outcome.
• Solution oriented approach