Job descriptionManager, eComm Mobile Applications
The Manager, eComm Mobile Applications is responsible for technical excellence, governance, delivery and leadership within the eCommerce mobile development space.
This individual will draw upon their experience in software development and management, with specific knowledge of iOS and Android, to contribute and guide Express’ mobile applications.
This individual will work across multiple mobile platforms, understanding architecture principles, collaborating with business partners, and drive current projects with an eye to the future.
Strong communication skills are essential, as this role will collaborate with business leaders, technology leaders and peers.
Strong negotiating skills will assist this candidate to ensure the mobile team develops technology solutions that meet the business needs while adhering to software best practices.
The person who fills this role is an expert in Mobile development, and will work with multiple teams of engineers, product owners, business stakeholders, and creative.
This role is responsible for team and individual development as well as mentoring the next level of engineering leadership
- Build and lead a high-performance Mobile Application team who delivers in a manner that is fully functional, automated, scalable, resilient, highly secured, and frictionless
- Work collaboratively across technology to define standards, design patterns, development practices, KPIs, and metrics.
- Aligns with Enterprise Architecture to create a sustainable Mobile strategy
- Promote technical vision for high-velocity delivery pipeline
- Develop operational and process playbooks to improve knowledge sharing among the team and the onboarding of new team members
- Create and define monitoring and alerting strategy
- Manages priority 1 and 2 support operations
- Ensure all Mobile development initiatives are well managed and delivered to meet expectations on functionality, timeliness, and cost
- Interface with key stakeholders/customers to manages the day-to-day product activities. These activities include: Backlog definition and prioritization, product performance and utilization
- Assist the team by being hands on as needed. The manager is very technical and has a breadth of experience in Mobile development and platforms
- Drive strategic improvements in systems, processes, and practices, Identify and implement process automations
- Focuses on workforce development and ensures that a strong Mobile Application team is built.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- 5+ years developing mobile applications – preferably in an agile environment developing highly available software
- 5+ years leading mobile development squads (i.e., Lead Developer or Manager)
- Deep understanding of IOS Native and Android Native coding practices
- Deep understanding of Mobile Frameworks like Flutter or React
- Experience with automated continuous integration and continuous deployment software pipelines
- Experience working with on-site and off-site development teams, coordinating work, expectations, and delivery
- Experience with REST and GraphQL data transfer protocols
- Conceptual understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Caching, and their utility in offloading traffic and improving site performance
- Possesses and demonstrates curiosity
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Possess the art of negotiation to drive to end state needs
- Ability to clearly articulate and drive alignment across multiple teams and departments
- Ability to create and describe project estimations with assumptions and risks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Understand how to take calculated risks
- An opinion with the ability to present facts to support that opinion
- Executes with limited to no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed