Job descriptionThe Product Integrity and Regulatory Compliance Manager will manage the apparel and accessories product integrity and regulatory compliance programs for the Reebok Brand by ensuring that day-to-day requests, challenges, and issues are handled timely, efficiently, and professionally, and in line with program requirements.
Internal – Cross Functional Partners
Partners cross-functionally with Raw Materials, Research and Development, Sourcing, Production, Technical Design, Legal, Merchandising, Wholesale, and Customer Service teams to address regulatory and compliance issues across the apparel and accessories product categories. Advises all stakeholders on high-risk topics, risk analysis, and strategic solutions.
Product Integrity Program Management
Manages all aspects of the product testing and regulatory compliance programs for the apparel and accessories product categories related to design properties, end-use, product safety, and government regulations.
• Performs day-to-day processing and tracking of brand-specific product testing and quality inspection program operations.
• Develops and implements testing protocols for new product categories.
• Ensures approved laboratories perform product testing according to specified test methods, restricted substance lists, and test protocols, including turn time requirements and reporting procedures.
• Conducts seasonal product line reviews for potential quality or safety issues.
• Monitors and manages changes to federal, state, and global product integrity and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Maintains Restricted Substance List.
• Conducts internal and external compliance and safety training.
• Develops and maintains laboratory database/systems SOPs.
• Researches regulatory and compliance requirements for all product categories within current markets and potential new markets, and implement changes as needed.
• Stays informed of industry developments and emerging compliance risks.
• Performs other duties related to product testing and Regulatory compliance as directed by supervisor.
• 4+ years of previous product integrity and regulatory compliance experience required.
• Strong knowledge of athletic apparel, fabric, accessories manufacturing, sourcing, production, and product development processes.
• Knowledge of industry standards, rules, and regulations (CPSC, CPSIA, FTC, CPSA, Cal Prop 65, etc.).
• Experience with international product testing standards is a plus.
• Proven experience reviewing and advising on product test reports and quality inspection reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint skills.
• Must know how to create presentation decks.
• Highly organized, ability to prioritize (sense of urgency) with attention to detail.
• Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
• Motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
• A positive team player who can establish strong relationships with coworkers and cross-functional teams, and act as a brand ambassador with external business partners.