Job descriptionOur client, a global leader in sports performance and protective products is looking for Marketing Associate to join their team.
The Marketing Associate’s primary responsibility is coordinating go-to-market activation for 3 brands. This role will prioritize day-to-day planning, oversight and execution for any/all things to support brand marketing, including: ambassador and athlete programs (professionals and elite youth teams), field activation, social media and retail marketing.
The Marketing Associate will become an expert in the brand goals, campaigns and product launches outlined in the annual calendar—and be the one to ensure best practices are achieved in front-facing communications and engagement for the areas mentioned.
- With marketing leadership direction, successfully coordinate key areas of go-to-market activation for Shock Doctor, McDavid and Cutters.
- Day-to-day coordination of athlete programs, including: communication with all athlete and team partners; plan how partners can best support campaigns; submitting content requests with creative team; fulfilling product needs by placing orders, ensuring proper kitting and ensuring on-time, cost-effective shipping; and, KPI tracking.
- Coordinate ambassador marketing program activation for all brands.
- Recommend influencers and partners to work with and conduct activations with them to best fit campaigns.
- Support digital marketing with retail partners, including: completing product setup forms; writing product copy; fulfilling asset requests; and, ensuring brand and product pages exhibit best practices.
- Assist in maintaining the United Sports Brands B2B website.
- Attend events and provide support on brand campaigns and activations.
- Support photo and video shoots for product launches.
- Assist Social Media Manager in planning organic calendar for all brands on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok including coordinating content activations with partners.
- Assist in daily community management on social media channels.
- Perform work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing in order to meet deadlines.
- Provide feedback to marketing leadership on opportunities to enhance strategy and activation, with the confidence to speak in front of other employees at meetings and with partners at events.
- Be comfortable working in-person, remotely and at marketing events as needed—sometimes on weeknights and weekends.
- This is a full-time position, hybrid
- Typical work hours and days are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position is based out of the Fountain Valley, CA office.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 15%-20%.
- Must have a valid Driver License with clean driving record (while driving company vehicles).
- 2-3 years of experience in a marketing role, focused on building a marketing career.
- Familiarity with team sports and athletics, especially football and basketball.
- Excellent teamwork and organization skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people and representing company interests to outside parties in a positive manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability with the ability to work independently.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with retail product setup forms.
- Familiarity with social media publishing platforms and project management systems (Microsoft Teams, Slack, HootSuite, WorkFront, etc.) a bonus.
- Experience in social media community engagement and maintaining prompt, professional, on-brand communication on all social media platforms, a plus.
- Aware of most up-to-date organic and paid social media trends.