Job description24 Seven is partnering with a well-known Portland establishment to help find a Market Manager to join their team! This is a full-time, contract to hire opportunity with incredible benefits. .
The Marketing Manager reports to the Communications Director and is responsible for establishing and implementing marketing strategy and campaigns, with an emphasis on digital marketing channels.
The position is also responsible for print and digital advertising sales on primary channels, including a monthly member lifestyle magazine, and helping to explore other revenue opportunities such as sponsorships or other strategic partnerships.
The primary function of this role is promoting programs and activities to current members and attracting potential new members.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive digital content marketing strategy to grow channel reach and deliver compelling content that informs, inspires, and engages club members
This position supervises the Digital Content Specialist and manages freelancers and interns when hired for special projects and initiatives. This position is responsible for all digital marketing platforms, including web, email marketing, social media, and in-club digital displays.
The marketing manager collaborates with all other Communications Team members, including a Content Manager, Communication Manager, Project Manager, Designers, Writers, and Photographer/Videographer. This position is responsible for reporting on channel analytics and analyzing all necessary data to inform strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with program managers and other departments to establish effective marketing plans to achieve business goals and engage members in programs and activities
- Develop marketing campaigns and manage implementation with support from the department’s project manager and creative team
- Establish advertising and sales strategies for paid advertising on channels
- Meet annual print advertising revenue goals through prospecting, strong account management, and successful sales methods
- Collaborate and consult with appropriate member committees or Board of Trustees on various campaigns, advertising, or marketing strategies
- Develop branded, marketing materials, specific programs, or campaigns as needed
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service to peers, partners, members, and clients
- Oversee all digital marketing channels and establish strategy and best practices to be followed club-wide
- Supervise the Digital Content Specialist and assign campaign-related work to other creative team members via the department’s project system, Asana
- Issue RFPs and contracts with outside vendors or freelancers as needed to complete projects and initiatives
- Serve as the club’s subject matter expert on marketing, promotions, and advertising
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field, with 7+ years of experience in advertising or content marketing
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms and content management systems
- Previous experience using Marketo or similar marketing automation tools
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Experience developing and successfully implementing a content marketing strategy with a digital focus
- Ability to present high-quality pitch decks to stakeholders and successfully gain buy-in
- Ad sales experience in a print magazine or digital channel environment
- Previous experience managing a team or workgroup
- Experience developing multi-channel marketing campaigns from the ground up, including print and digital advertising packages, event sponsorships, and sponsored content
- Strong collaboration skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficient user of project management/workflow systems (Asana preferred)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships