Our client, a Cosmetics company is a Product Marketing department that plays an essential role in developing innovative new products as well as managing and promoting the existing comprehensive line of skincare, makeup, color cosmetics and/or accessory items. The Marketing Assistant is an entry-level position that provides general support in most areas to assist in the ideation, development, and execution of all ideas for incremental growth that include, but are not limited to, new products, merchandising, promotion, cross-selling, and education/training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Please note that the following description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and metrics but to highlight some key ones).
- Assist in the development of all new product and promotions.
- Work cross departmentally to develop and execute all copy and artwork per regulatory and company guidelines with accuracy and consistency. This requires strong project management skills to prioritize within the department needs. This process may also require Legal and Regulatory involvement. Thoroughness of information, supportive documentation and timely organization of filing is critical for document control and ongoing reference.
- Responsible for forecasting skus on a monthly basis in SYSPRO, taking into account sales history, seasonality and other products/programs which may have a positive or negative impact on future sales.
- Update sales documents and analyze sales patterns by sku and make recommendations for growth and discontinuations as applicable.
- Help generate all strategic documents for approval and cross-company communication.
- Assist in supply chain of product development by reviewing bills of materials for accuracy.
- Execute all market research and consumer testing by assisting with product distribution, creation of corresponding documentation and analysis.
- Organize and create necessary reports, printed materials, samples, supplies, and materials required for any company sales meetings, presentations, and photo shoots.
- Assist in generating product and shade names as well as work with the Creative department in development of compelling and creative communications for customers and consumers that are important to sell-in and sell-through products and programs.
- Help execute all PR initiatives by providing necessary back-up information to PR team and mailing products in a timely manner.
- Assist with all competitive analysis per category including purchasing of items.
- Maintain all communications and documentation to substantiate all information in a timely and organized manner for department.
- Assist in setting up and executing photo shoots, taking meticulous notes for accuracy of product application.
- Any other tasks as required to assist department and/ or company in successfully meeting company goals as needed.
- Experience in SYSPRO or similar ERP system a plus.
- Experience in Asana or similar project management platform a plus.
- Experience in Social Media and/ or Merchandising a plus.
- Passion for skincare/ beauty a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, teams and contribute to building a positive team spirit. The individual must be able to work with integrity and ethics; promote a harassment-free environment; and be able to approach others in a tactful and professional manner. The individual must possess strong organizational skills, ability to make founded decisions quickly based on research and discussion, work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Individual must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills along with strong communication and analytical skills. Team-player with high energy level, positive approach, and a high sense of urgency. Must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Ability to play a key role as a leader of projects by coordinating efforts cross-functionally. Must have strong organizational ability and analytical skills.
Strong interest in health and beauty category. Must have professional maturity and ability to handle a job effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
Good communicator—excellent listening skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree. 1 year work experience.
- Must speak/read/write in English as primary language of business. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to read and interpret documents such as communication strategies, safety rules, customer/consumer correspondence, etc.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use our internal software system to forecast, review sales information, and update systems/documents in a timely and accurate manner.
This job has no direct supervisorial responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a manufacturing environment and there may be times when employee is needed in laboratory or on production floor to research and or observe development/production. These areas can be cold, warm, damp, dusty and/or loud at times. Employee entering these areas must consistently follow all hygiene and sanitation rules & guidelines that are part of our standard operating procedures and those required by the FDA. These include but are not limited to the use of protective apparel (such as head, face, hand, and arm coverings as well as compliance with facial hair guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, especially during peak activity periods. Position requires physical ability to occasionally travel on commercial transportation (i.e., airlines, trains).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend and carry files/products/boxes to organize as well as prepare for meetings and presentations.
Merchandising / Marketing Coordinator with a double BA degrees in Business Marketing + Retail Merchandising and 2+ years of experience. Please note that two college degrees are not required. Responsible for monitoring all inventory levels, managing vendors, conducting monthly reconciliation, supporting internal teams with ad hoc requests, overseeing the product development lifecycle, analyzing sales data, industry trends, conducting competitive analysis as well as maintaining line sheets, sku counts wash charts and dupe charts. Experienced in overseeing the production of creative assets/ collateral and works proficiently in MSOffice, Excel, PowerPoint and Oracle.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required; disposable masks provided by company
- Plastic shields used when necessary at work stations
- Daily temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Only virtual meetings are conducted at this time
- Ongoing sanitizing, disinfecting, and other cleaning procedures are in place