Job descriptionLeading performance / lifestyle brand in Carlsbad is looking for a Materials Assistant to join their team.
Location: Carlsbad - Onsite 1 day per week
You will have the opportunity to bring the brands designs to life. As the Materials Assistant, your raw materials background and knowledge will support the Materials Manager with the pre-season and in-season activities of gathering and confirming factory/raw material supplier lead-times, building raw material forecasts, tracking raw materials, and providing updates on raw material liabilities and damages.
You are the link between design, merchandising, development, and factories. It is essential that all communication is accurate, complete, timely and professional. Therefore, we entrust you to develop quality, on-time and cost-efficient materials and trims that are a reflection of the brands aesthetic and ethos.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist on work with Design/Merchandising/Development to source appropriate seasonal materials that meet the brands design aesthetic and corporate target margin goals.
- Aid in managing submits for physical and digital library– filing, organizing, and accessibility.
- Responsible for the data integrity of Master Library for Fabrics.
- Work closely with Materials Manager, Production and Planning teams on any replenishment forecasts to factories/mills.
- Assist with materials sustainability and tracking against sustainability metrics.
- Establish and monitor time/action calendars to hit target calendar dates including proto, Photo Shoot, Sales Samples, Pre-production through Bulk.
- Partner with manager to communicate with suppliers and vendors; written and verbal, on pertinent development related issues.
- Work with manager to negotiate costing with vendors/factories to achieve costs to meet target wholesale and gross margin targets. Suggest alternatives when relevant.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Textiles, Merchandising, Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of fabric development experience is required and/or product management experience with an understanding record of managing product from concept to completion.
- Sense of fashion and trend in relation to the market.
- Knowledge of materials used in the engineering and manufacturing processes used to build products.
- Intermediate Computer Drawing skills for technical and construction detail sketches & related art using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on Google/Google docs & Full Circle Systems a plus.
- Aptitude for systems and systematic work.
- Must possess strong knowledge of costing, garment construction, and all pre-production coordination.