Job descriptionDesigner, Mens (knits, bottoms, sweaters, outerwear)
Built on a unique combination of performance, luxury and style, our client is a leading worldwide marketer of golf-inspired apparel for men and women.
Designer Position Overview:
The Designer will work on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development with direction from the Design Director whom this role reports into.
- Drive and establish brand direction in collaboration with Design Director and Sales, seasonal concepts, fabric and trims development for men’s golf inspired sportswear collections
- Collaboration with cross-divisional Design Director(s) and Golf teams on design and development of specific product categories and opportunities
- Providing open visibility to fabric development to ensure delineation and separation of product lines
- Research and create seasonal color palettes with design director
- Execute prints and patterns, in collaboration with freelance CAD artists when necessary
- Remain current with competitor products and trends both inside and outside the golf market
- Shop the market
- Design product that keeps the innovation at the forefront while aligning with the brand’s DNA
- Build tech packs in conjunction with Tech and Merchandising for line development
- Input Design Detail sketches, material information into Gerber Yunique PLM system
- Submit and track product licensee approvals
- Work with Director in fittings from the design side to ensure quality, fit and execution of concepts are maintained and partner with Tech/Merchandising to resolve challenges
- Timely review and commenting of all lab-dips, strike-offs, fabric submits, etc. ·
- Develop working partnership with overseas teams and mills with clear and timely communication on sourcing, development and production needs
- Maintain T&A calendar
- Design, source and deliver product that meets margin requirements
- Source and develop seasonal and core fabrics in partnership with Merchandising team and mills
- Proficiency in: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber Yunique PLM, Windows (Outlook / Word / Excel)
- Experience creating elevated sportswear & activewear within price targets.
- Must be able to work on site