An exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Developer with a passion for menswear to join a luxury label and be responsible for managing the entire garment development process after initial design stages through to final approval and launch.
- Maintaining a supplier and manufacturer database / responsible for sourcing inline with sampling strategy
- Work to critical path with manufacturers/inhouse atelier, ensuring prototype deadlines are adhered to.
- Manage the in-house and out of house sample making process
- Accountable for the menswear PD spend/budget: responsible for ensuring trackers are updated regularly.
- Work with all manufacturers to calculate make price from proto stage / according to target margin & lineplan
- Active participation in design fits; proposing finishing’s / trims and ensuring flow of communication.
- Work closely with Menswear design team on the day to day development of the collection ensuring they are aware of deadlines and style count.
- Accountable for the accuracy of for tech packs sent out to factories
- Responsible for ordering trims directly from manufacturers for prototypes and samples
- Accountable for ensuring all information and BOMS are in RLM on time and are accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring all the collection tools/charts are updated so communication on the collection is clear to all cross functional departments.
- Responsible for all RTW handover to production: provide complete information on costing/BOM’s/technical data.
Skills & Experience:
- 4-6 years Product Development experience ideally in Menswear
- Highly organized, demonstrates the ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously whilst also keeping a 360 view of the entire development process and progress.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of multi-tasking and coordinating different projects with cross functional teams; partnering closely with the design team.
- Solution orientated – problem solver, creative thinker, flexible and adaptable, resilient
- Passionate about product with the confidence to fully engage in the process and have an impact
- Flexible to travel to the factory
- Strong IT skills including Office (Excel mainly), Illustrator, InDesign.