About the Role
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Assistant Buyer and Buyer
- Input purchase orders
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through consistent communication with the vendors, distribution center, and buying team
- Generate weekly reports and work with the Assistant Buyer to analyze the business - Identify and shop the competition
- Understand target customer by region
- Suggest ideas for new vendors each season
- Contribute to positive morale in the department and organization
Who you are
- 1-2 years of experience in a corporate fashion merchandising team
- Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in retail math and understand how to calculate margins, sell through % and other retail math terms
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
- Excellent fashion sense
- Degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred