Leading Lifestyle brand in Carlsbad is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator to join their team on a 6 month contract.
Location: Carlsbad – onsite x2 a week
40 hours Per week
Overview of the Position:
The Merchandiser (Direct) is responsible for the execution of the seasonal product strategies across the direct channels of business in order to meet/exceed customer expectations and DTC financial goals. This role is responsible for ensuring product stories come to life in a visually compelling and cohesive way across all DTC channels. It is a highly cross-functional role and requires strong partnership with several departments including creative, marketing, ecommerce, retail and demand planning. The role requires a strong commercial mindset and sense of style, along with effective communication, collaborative, and organizational skills and a solid understand of the voice of the consumer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Seasonal Go-to-Market Execution
a. Collaborate with partner teams (creative, marketing, ecomm, retail) to implement seasonal product strategies for all direct channels of business, including both brand and demand generating initiatives
b. Inform go-to-marketing planning by providing direction on timing and prioritization of product stories. Identify feature styles based on imagery, inventory availability and financial targets.
c. Provide merchandising direction to performance and social marketing channels (email, digital ads, catalog, social). Attend all planning meetings and complete merchandising feedback section of briefs as required. Support catalog merchandising efforts, as needed.
d. Partner with Site Merchandising Manager on monthly web slot planning efforts by providing merchandise direction for featured products and image selections, ensuring alignment across channels
e. Critically review all DTC creative and participate in cross-functional creative review meetings to ensure deliverables are accurate and align with seasonal product strategies (catalog, web, email, etc.)
f. Assist with building seasonal shot lists for location shoots and in-studio imagery needs that support all DTC channels. Partner with creative and studio teams to communicate needs and ensure successful execution.
g. Provide merchandising support for retail channel. Attend monthly retail meetings and maintain/update assortment plans for retail stores that align with seasonal product strategies and revenue targets.
h. Support visual merchandising efforts for retail stores by providing product direction for windows, tables and all in store signage
2. Direct Channel Performance Analysis & Reporting
a. Prepare weekly/monthly product performance reports for the direct channels of business
b. Refresh weekly coverage reporting and communicate any noteworthy changes to cross-functional partners
c. Analyze product performance to identify issues/opportunities and effectively articulate key learnings, findings and recommended actions to partner teams.
d. Interpret performance results, market trends and customer feedback to help inform and plan future merchandising initiatives
3. Customer & Market Insights
a. Actively monitor and analyze key competitors to understand emerging trends and opportunities to improve demand-generating efforts.
b. Participate in market research, as needed and requested.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Fashion or Retail Merchandising preferred
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in Direct to Consumer Merchandising in the apparel industry; the equivalent combination of experience with product line management, buying, and/or sales in the apparel industry might also be considered
• Direct Merchandising experience in vertical retailer helpful
• Strong ability to work in multiple seasons across multiple channels at any given time
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Creative Suites (specifically InDesign and Illustrator) and other PLM programs
• eCommerce platform experience helpful (SFCC)
• Highly proficient with Excel, reporting, and pivot tables
• Strong mathematical and analytic skills; able to prepare and interpret complex reports and information
• Understanding of consumer purchasing behavior
• Basic understanding of apparel fabric and garment terminology that are key selling attributes to the customer is a plus
• Strong sense of style and a commercial mindset
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive; takes initiative/self-starter
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain schedules
• Demonstrates flexibility on the job and work in a team-based environment
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
• Clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and its impact on the consumer
• Strong listening, presenter and communicator skills (verbal, written, visual)
• Ability to resolve conflicts or differing opinions
• Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships across departments with ease
• Positive attitude and disposition
• Ability to cope and work well under pressure and changing priorities and tight timelines