The Merchandise Coordinator is responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results.
- Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented.
- Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision. Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions.
- Support Merchant team's in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style/colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Based on merchant direction, responsible for the maintenance of the web/category hierarchy in PCM, including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation.
- Mirror & Copy created categories to multiple locations of the website.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer's site experience.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy.
- Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
- Maintain the categories by eliminating sold-out styles or markdown styles depending on merchandise strategy.
- Support creation of marketing content: Create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits & assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflect desired site behavior.
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues, product management to learn, test & improve functionality of systems including PCM, photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate, copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills
- Online merchant team: Execute online merchandising strategy on the website.
- Online marketing, creative team: Support requirements for photography as well as final display to customer.
- Photo studio & copy team: Request & Monitor workflow ensuring products are ready to sell upon receipt.
- Product Management/Production/IT: Communicate best practices, status-updates, and bugs, give tool design feedback.
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e. Microsoft Commerce 2000, Blue Martini).
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills, organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.