Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a well-known furniture company based in Portland, OR to help them find a Merchandise Coordinator to join their team! This is a full-time, 3 month contract position with potential to extend. Candidates must be willing to work onsite in Portland, OR. Job Details are below:
We are looking for a Merchandise Coordinator to join our photo warehouse team in NW Portland.
This role is dedicated to the Campaign Lifestyle Photo team. They organize, maintain, and coordinate product samples to be used during our Campaign photo shoot. This person will be responsible for pulling, assembling, and installing product samples for the photo shoots. You will be working closely and collaborating with the inventory coordinator and photo team. This position requires physical stamina and being comfortable with lifting up to 65 lbs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
• Accurately identify and pull samples needed from a shot list.
• Communicate discrepancies and ETAs to merchant teams and photo leads.
• Organize, track, and return samples to the proper location after the completion of the project.
• Operation of equipment including trucks and forklifts
• Assist with processing incoming samples, palletizing materials, and crates, and relocating samples.
• Out-of-town travel may be required for special studio projects.
• Assemble and install product samples for various projects
o Prior knowledge of kitchen and bath hardware would be a plus.
• Responsible for learning product functionality and collection line
• Gaff or rigging experience a plus
• Be proactive & anticipate needs on & off set; have the product unpacked, unwrapped, and ready to shoot.
• Help construct and maintain various rigs, working creatively with the team to set up shots
• Work with Producer on a daily/weekly basis to review details of merchandise, prop, and camera equipment pick-ups, and shooting schedule.
• Account for, organize, and develop familiarity with merchandise, props, and grip equipment for photography.
• Load and unload merchandise, props, and grip equipment between the warehouse, photo studio, and/or location
• Attention to detail
• Fast-paced environment and strong multi-tasking skills are required.
• Excellent time-keeping skills, organization, and proactive communication
• Experience using Excel, Outlook, and Windows OS. Experience with inventory system a plus
• Must be able to work proficiently on independent projects as well as collaboratively with a team
• Ability to regularly lift up to 65 lbs.
• Comfortable learning/operating warehouse tools and machinery – Forklift, Maintenance Lift, Pallet Jack, Ladders
• Must be able to drive a 16ft box truck
• Must have a clean driving record and pass drug screening
• Comfort with the use of power tools and working in a wood shop is a plus
• Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards