The Merchant will be responsible for product life cycle – this includes concept, launch and selling of product – and for building all product assortments.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Create product assortments that take into account the brand’s strategic objective as well as attributes such as AUR, margin, seasonal trends and historical data
• Analyze product on weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to understand necessary in-season adjustments as well as opportunities for the future
• Work with Planner to manage Open to Buy and general inventory position, specifically on best selling items. Based on analysis and trend identification, suggest in season chase opportunities.
• Work with Marketing and Supply Chain to ensure proper flow of merchandise and assortment mix
• Work with Design and Production on line plans, in design meetings and in putting together and adhering to development calendars and go to market calendars
• Support site merchandising and incorporate sales and business analysis while also ensuring aesthetic of site is maintained
• Work with in-store visual merchandising team to help achieve sales goals and optimize customer experience