Mid-Level Project Manager
Our client, a leading marketing and communications brand, is looking to hire a Project Manager, starting immediately. This is a hybrid on/off-site role overseeing the print production studio in ATL.
- Project manage complex or high profile or multi-site customer on-boarding and campaigns for variable print, pre-media or Sales throughout the lifecycle (initial meeting through final disposition of a customer’s project).
- Gather required data from customers and evaluate objectives and goals to create the project plan and develop the statement of work. Submit Statement of Work to legal for approval.
- Analyze and review the customer requirements and make determination on the scope of the overall project. Pull together the appropriate resources/departments required to successfully implement a customer campaign.
- Estimate time frames, and resources (programming, composition, photo, creative, prepress, etc) required to successfully complete a project.
- Design & implement workflows after evaluating complexity, deliverables, and costs/job profitability. Maintain the master schedule for all project activities and conduct periodic status checks to assess progress against the schedule. Make changes to plans when requirements change/shift.
- Communicate customer project status to appropriate stakeholders and disseminate information on problems or potential delays.
- Primary point of contact for developing and documenting process improvement and quality improvements for the business unit.
- Manage postal or system issues to resolution to minimize how much time Account Integration Specialist spend away from managing day to day projects.
- Draft up and communicate all process changes and updates related to new workflows or system upgrades/implementations.
- Attend daily production meetings to go over all projects in dotted line team with operations.
- May hold color review meetings with the customer to review and make changes to jobs.
- May be involved in establishing test cases and final sign-off on projects for go live to the customer.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.