Job descriptionTitle: Senior Graphic Designer (experiental and motion)
Location: New York, Hybrid (onsite 3 days per week)
Duration: Freelance to Fulltime
Hourly Pay: 55-65 per hour DOE
Our client an award-winning, 250-person interdisciplinary architecture and design firm is seeking a freelance Senior Designer with experience in Exhibit / Experiential Design and strong motion skills. This also has the potential for fulltime for the right fit.
This is a multi-media role that requires exceptional Motion Design skills along with traditional large scale Graphic Design skills.
Responsibilities will Include the following:
- Design and animate large scale motions graphics for large format / environmental displays.
- You should have cutting edge non-traditional large-scale graphics work and have an understanding of AE technicalities like dot-pitch.
- Communicate and collaborate frequently with staff members from other departments—to understand the substantive, interpretive, and informational goals of exhibitions, motion displays, and other projects
- Collaborate with colleagues on a variety of Motion deliverables, as well as outside vendors. Assuring quality and maintaining deadlines.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Ideally develop illustrations, large format graphics and other designs using software or by hand
- Adhere to and develop to brand style guides
- Open to feedback and appreciative of the iterative nature of design.
Bonus Skills: Auto CAD, Rhino, Data Visualization, Environmental Graphic Design skills, understanding of UX as applied to large scale designs.