Our client a beauty and skincare company, is seeking a talented Packaging Development to join their team, in this role you will lead execution of our stellar packaging components in support of our company’s growing product portfolio, ongoing innovation and attention to manufacturing quality. You will work closely with external vendors and internal teams - Product Development, Design, Project Management, Sourcing and Quality - to ensure we’re bringing the best customer experiences to life. This position requires a self-motivated professional who is strong in understanding and communicating design direction, while keeping supply chain and manufacturing impacts top of mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize our Clients’ PLM System to create component codes and bill of materials for various products.
- Support Creative team on artwork creation, such as, providing component codes, dielines, UPCs, and etc.
- Propose technical remedies, collaborating with a diverse team to achieve deadlines, minimize expenses, and enhance quality standards.
- Define specifications, technical drawings, risk analysis, dimension evaluation and manufacturing assembly instruction.
- Responsible for artwork and proof approvals between internal teams and suppliers.
- Support the updating of sample matrices, FMEA development, test plan Development, etc.
- Communicate with packaging suppliers and contract manufacturers on project status updates.
- Establish and manage a packaging database consisting of stock and innovation library.
- Coordinate sample, standard, and range board approval between internal cross functional teams, suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
- Lead packaging development for new launches, reforms, and holiday programs.
- Demonstrate in-depth expertise in 3D technical packaging, encompassing everything from assembly arrangement to gaining approvals for production tools and testing procedures.
- Drive new packaging development by delivering on creative design vision and presenting new concepts, technologies, and delivery systems across the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, testing, product quality, and design integrity are on time and within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency.
- Cross-functionally manage projects across multiple internal and external teams, ensuring collaborative and optimized solutions.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and novel product packaging methods, including those that prioritize sustainability.
- Assess the feasibility of various packaging concepts, evaluating the appropriateness and effectiveness of the design while incorporating the sustainability initiatives of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging/Engineering or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in package development
- Concentrated experience in the prestige beauty industry with proven development experience in color, fragrance, skin-care categories
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Proficiency in Specright, CAD software, Solidworks, 3D prints and mock ups