Client Overview: Our client, a leader in children's cosmetics and accessories, is looking to hire a Packaging Manager to join their team.
This role is onsite 5 days in Manhattan.
Role Overview: The Packaging Manager will create and execute innovative, fun and unique products applicable to the main age demographic/market. You will also manage and approve all art created in NY & China.
Packaging Manager Responsibilities:
- Create products and designs based on assortments and direction as determined by internal and external program planning.
- Spec out all CADS for in a clear manner for excellent product execution.
- Design best-selling items based on a variable of factors. (Cost, newness, innovation, customer, design, sourcing of new components & add-ons.)
- Create product presentations (displays, end caps, sidekicks, etc. and continue to explore the market bringing on trend, relevant & innovative ideas to each of our individual product/brand lines.
- Assist in staffing department & training new hires.
- Work daily with NY & China to schedule all SKUS and work with designers on a cohesive direction in the beginning of each season.
- Review & approve each SKU created with Director of Product Development before sending off for LIC approval & mechanicals/full set up.
- Work with Licensor at the beginning of each season to understand packaging & style guide direction.
- Communicate with China team early on so they understand the direction of season & line.
- Create mockups for sales presentations when necessary & anything else requested by supervisor
Packaging Manager Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of department management experience
- Experience with CAD software and Abode Creative Suite
- Excellent understanding of Marketing briefs and Packaging definition to provide guidance in mitigating technical risks in achieving Marketing concept
- Full understanding of product development process, launch timelines, manufacturing execution, supplier development process as it pertains to the global imprint of headquarters.
- Attention to detail across all aspects of Packaging role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to take preemptive actions in managing packaging defect