Job description24 Seven is partnering up with their top sportswear client based in Portland, OR to find a Sustainability Partnerships Manager to join their team in this hybrid role. This is a 10 month contract with high potential to extend or turn into a full-time salaried position with benefits. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401k and holiday pay. The ideal candidate will have experience with influencing external partners, public speaking, and sustainability as it relates to the fashion or footwear industry.
The Global Sustainability Engagement team leads external partnerships that drive system change and enable Nike’s sustainability commitments. This team works across internal functions; identifies and plans for emerging sustainability issues that may have a notable shift on our industry and business; and spearheads Nike’s engagement at key global moments.
Who they are looking for:
They are looking for someone to join their global sustainability team to help develop and manage strategic partnerships and drive internal alignment specific to strategies that will advance the company's ambitious sustainability goals.
Many of the challenges they seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of any one function, brand or sector. You will work cross-functionally to execute engagement strategies that drive system change by engaging a variety of internal and external audiences. You will play a critical role in supporting teams to move from strategy to execution to make ideas a reality.
They are looking for someone adept at cultivating relationships and managing strategic partnerships. You are a strong communicator who can synthesize complex ideas and information. You are comfortable leading team efforts, and a highly proficient project manager who excels at working collaboratively while delivering individual responsibilities in dynamic environments. You balance the big picture with meticulous attention to details with ease. You thrive in moving strategy to execution through program leadership, timeline management and internal and external stakeholder engagement.
What you will work on:
• Develop and manage strategic partnerships, including identifying areas for collaboration and setting overall partnership strategy.
• Help set, manage, and implement project objectives, timelines, deliverables and process
• Manage consultants and partners to ensure timely progress
• Drive alignment and engagement among internal and external partners to help reach the company's carbon reduction targets
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate meetings and workshops with internal and external partners
Who you will work with:
You will work cross-functionally with sustainability teams embedded across the business, including Purpose Communications, Government and Public Affairs, Responsible Sourcing & Manufacturing, Sustainable Product, Innovation, Analytics and more.
• Minimum 5 of years of relevant professional experience
• Environmental sustainability subject matter expertise (degree and/or professional experience)
• Familiarity and experience with responsible sourcing and supply chain management
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Experience cultivating relationships and managing strategic partnerships
• Superb interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and work cross-functionally to align team
• Experience with project management to deliver team results
• Self-starter comfortable working in ambiguous environments
• Ability to collaborate with key partners to understand/identify requirements, drive knowledge into action, and support data driven decision making
• Experience managing relationships with multi-stakeholder initiatives and coalitions
• Experience working in a large, highly matrixed organization with high comfort managing complex and dynamic stakeholder structures
• Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to analyze problems, gather information, identify new opportunities, generate ideas, apply different perspectives and business needs, and propose a way forward
• Proficiency with Powerpoint, Keynote, Miro, and AirTable are a plus
• Ability to explain complex topics in a visually engaging and compelling manner to a variety of audiences