Job descriptionOur client, a landscape architecture and design company is seeking a Payroll Benefits Coordinator to join their team.
This is a contract-to-permanent assignment.
On-site at their office in West Hollywood
Rate: up to $28/hr DOE.
*MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED*
• Verifying employee timecards and expenses
• Entering employee hours and changes in the payroll system
• 401K administration including compliance, coordination with the TPA, employee changes, and bi-weekly entries in the online portal
• Maintaining employee vacation schedule calendar and tracking vacation and sick time balances
• Assisting employees with enrollment in benefits programs, such as health insurance and retirement savings.
• Annually facilitating presentations and meetings with our outside Benefits Consultant to explain benefits to employees.
• Maintaining personnel files and informing employees of any changes to their benefits.
• Processing employee onboarding and termination including coordinating with the IT contractor to set up new employee computer software
• Point of contact for server/plotter/internet troubleshooting
• Ensuring that the company's benefits policy complies with laws and regulations.
• COVID-19 compliance and documentation
• Preparing weekly deposits
• Some vendor and client correspondence including answering light phones and email communication
• Light purchasing and stocking of office supplies
• Reviewing and sorting incoming mail, and preparing outgoing mail and shipments
• Additional duties as assigned
• 2+ years’ previous experience administering or coordinating benefits (relevant educational experience may be substituted for some work experience)
• 2+ years’ experience with payroll
• Knowledge of 401K compliance and CalSavers
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Attention to detail, ability to follow directions and work independently
• MS Office experience, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Willingness and ability to learn new software programs