Our client, an American musical instrument retailer chain is hiring a Payroll Specialist to join their team in the Valley!
Position Summary: Payroll Specialist
The purpose of this job is to process payroll and provide customer service to employees regarding employee self-service and any other payroll questions or issues.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Provide customer service to employees and/or their managers regarding employee self-service and any other payroll questions or issues
- Audit new hire and status changes
- Enter or audit direct deposit and W-4s
- Ensure state and local tax forms are received and entered, where required
- Calculate and enter any split pay rates or pay prorations
- Assess what needs to be done in the system for employee transfers to and from that location and for store location changes and report the required changes to the supervisor
- Calculate and prepare off-cycle payments, including relocation payments, as well as any missed pay in the time clocks
- Analyze pre-processing reports to ensure appropriate pay (time clock programs, benefit payments, commissions, expense report reimbursements, etc.) and address issues
- Coordinate with vendors related to Unemployment Service and Garnishment Services for any items needing Payroll support
- Prepare all documentation for electronic storage
- Full responsibility for the processing of a specific pay group, including:
- Starting the new cycle for the payroll
- Sending the appropriate batches for that payroll
- Generating and making available the pre-processing reports so that they can be reviewed and analyzed
- Submitting a preview payroll to evaluate if there are exceptions to be corrected
- Correcting errors and submitting a final payroll for vendor processing
- Loading the post-processing reports from each payroll for electronic storage
- Analyzing the post-processing reports for cross-foot or other errors
- Working with other departments to address issues and maintain an efficient payroll process, including working with the retail field personnel and their HR representatives, HRIS, Benefits, Finance, A/P and Legal
- Additional duties as assigned.
You'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Business
- 2 years of relevant payroll experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably with a Fundamental Payroll Certification
- Novice proficiency with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel)
- Intermediate ability with Payroll system/tools such as ADP Enterprise
- High School Diploma or GED required
Pay Rate: $25/ hourly annually depending on background and experience.
Location: ON-SITE in Westlake Village